Thursday 24 February 2011

I read a quote from Declan Kidney today that made me chuckle with bemusement.
“I’d agree with Alan (Gaffney), I thought Jonathan had a very good game the last day,” said Kidney, “but Ronan has been playing very well then too, so if you want to keep guys ticking along, it’s only right that you (reward form).
"reward form". Is Kidney joking? How can you justify that when you've selected an inferior scrum-half and second row for 2 games in a row?! The selections of Tomás O'Leary and Donncha O'Callaghan over Peter Stringer/Eoin Reddan and Leo Cullen suggest that Kidney doesn't know what form is. Another thing that suggests this, is the selection of Paddy Wallace on the bench ahead of Fergus McFadden. Wallace didn't play well against the Llanelli Scarlets at the weekend and McFadden has done well.
I'm surprised that Kidney could keep a straight face while he said that.

No comments:

Post a Comment